Friday, August 29, 2008

Eat your vegetables

I thought I'd show some of my veggies that I have grown this season. Here is a picture of my garden before things really got going.

Looking down from the upstairs office

This is a sampling of what I picked for dinner tonight. Butternut squash, heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas, string beans, yellow squash and lettuce.

Everything looks cute in a white and red enamel pot.


Ms. Crow has been a fixture in my garden for years. She started out as a halloween prop, but with a dress and hat from the goodwill, and a basket, she really is a spring garden crow.


I had to end this blog with this beautiful rainbow we enjoyed earlier this summer.

Now.......go and eat your vegetables!

2 comments:

The Wendt Family said...

I love your garden!!! Such cute decor! I do recall admiring those old windows you have hanging with plants on them, but I had never noticed the old headboard(I think that's what it is)! So CUTE and Cottage-ish! By the way, your veggies look delicious!

robin said...

mom,
good pictures. you should be a prop stylist for photo shoots or something.