Monday, September 1, 2008

Tag......you're it!

Babies love to play with tags. So now we're all making "taggies". It's a piece of cloth with ribbons of all kinds hang out so that little fingers can grab and explore. They also love to suck on the tags because babies love to explore with their mouths too.
This time I thought it would be cute to used some left over quilt squares to make the taggie more quilt like. These half square triangle pieces were left over from Parker's "monkey quilt".




I put 16 of these squares together to make a 12 inch block. I sewed it together with a piece of flannel with the ribbons inside... right sides together. I then turned it right side out and machine quilted it.

A new little baby girl named Addisyn will be getting this taggie.

I hope she will like it. I think she will.

5 comments:

The Wendt Family said...

I Love it! I keep touching it...I'm sure I'm enjoying it as much as she will! I had to come and post a comment to say "Thank You". And since I came home, I have realized you stitched a cute daisy-looking flower on it. It's great!

robin said...

wait, i wanted that!

Papa Dave said...

I don't even have a quilt yet, but could I have one of those?

Leah said...

What a cute idea! I'll have to make some of these for the babies in my family :)

andi said...

Parker must LOVE that monkey quilt! gee...maybe Dave could have a taggy...they look very therapeutic...NOT that Dave NEEDS something therapeutic...i'm just thinking...i'd like one..and maybe..well...maybe Dave would like one too. yeah.
p.s. my...you're amazingly talented!