Friday, January 16, 2009

Two Finished Quilts

Recently I have finished two quilts.
This flannel quilt I made for my husband Dave. He's a golfer and so I really wanted this quilt to have some golf mention in it....


...so I included this golf flannel in each block.


I really surprised him, and he loves it.
I finished my beehive quilt too. Remember the ric rack problem I had before? Well as you can see, there is no ric rac in my quilt.



I might as well show my little chipmunk I made for Craig. When your 23 year old college son asks you to make it for him (he saw it in this book) what else are you going to do?


I have many projects in the works. I have a new grandson coming in April. Macy will be turning 3 in March and will get a big girl quilt for her bed. That is a tradition I have started (be careful of the traditions you start). Brooklyn is turning 8 in a few weeks and I want to do something special for her. Lori Ann and Grace both have birthdays coming up as well. Being a grammy is alot of fun and it keeps me busy. More pictures to come.

3 comments:

robin said...

oh my . . . what is that book? i love that chipmunk! i know it's the same author, but i didn't know you had another one by her! you didn't tell me because you knew i'd ask you to make me stuff . . . i see how it is.

and macy can't wait for her big girl quilt! she's so excited . . . well, okay, i am, but she will be!

jamie said...

oh, that beehive quilt!! i remember seeing that in person and practically falling in love. the colors are my favorite. nice job on dave's quilt too. i like the dark sashing you used.

hooray for jan!!

Trina said...

The golf quilt is amazing. How many hundred hours did that take you. I am very impressed!