Saturday, September 27, 2008

Grrrrrr

Grrrrrr.... I got the blue and white checked border on my beehive quilt and it was all nice and square. Then I spent all morning sewing the thin red ric rac around the seam. It was going to look so great. Then when I laid it out.... it was all puckered. I redid it....and you guessed it. It was still puckered. That took most of the day.

So I'm going to rip it out again and then I don't know what to do because I love the look of red ric rac. Any suggestions?

I needed to make something cute and fast to cheer me up, so I made this cute drawstring bag I found on this blog http://www.audreyandmaude.blogspot.com/

I think Ollie needs a boy bag to keep his boy toys in. His sisters have bags and purses to tote things around in and now he will too.

Hi Ollie!

3 comments:

robin said...

hooray! a bag for ollie! i (ahem, i mean HE) loves it!

Barbers of Lucky Lane said...

Janis, you are most prolific!! Love your quilts.
Bonnie - Camp Ocean Pines

jamie said...

oh jan, this is adorable! i'm sorry you're having trouble with the ric rac. i've never sewn anything this large with ric rac, so i don't know. i thought of this post though...

http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2008/08/vintage-sheet-project-3-rick-rack-quilt-blocks.html

you might try emailing her. i commented once on her blog, and she emailed me back. perhaps she would have some tips.

and that's my 75 cents. :)