Monday, March 9, 2009

Four Projects in the Works

I have 4 projects that I am trying hard to complete by their deadlines.

Baby Grace will be one in a few weeks.
I just completed her little doll last night.





I found the pattern on line. It's called Ruby Doll http://www.oneredrobin.com/

Next is Macy. She is due for her 3 year old big girl quilt.
I have lots more to do on her quilt.


Right now I am sewing around the butterflies with my buttonhole stitch on my machine.
It is pattern called Flutter, by Allison Jane Smith in her book Frills. http://www.plaidsandprints.com/

We are so excited about our new grandson coming early in April.
I am making him ... not one ... but two quilts.

I have a bag of remnants, from a men's clothing company.
I cut up strips to make this cute log cabin block quilt. I plan on quilting it today.


Here is the other quilt I'm working on.


I am embroidering the cars and trucks in brown.
The fabric I will be using is this green and brown.
Then.... for fun and relaxation I will be leaving on friday for another quilt retreat
with Annie Smith. http://www.simplearts.com/

I'll bring back some pictures.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I can't wait to see the finished truck quilt. I love that fabric. I have to laugh that a quilt retreat is a relaxing getaway for you. For me that would be high stress! We're all glad there are quilters like you out there!

robin said...

yippee! i'm loving the butterly quilt . . .

i, i mean macy, will love it!


(ooh, you know what's funny? the word verification thingy i have to type to leave my comment is sewing! funny, eh?)

cindy. said...

janice! you are simply amazing. i just found myself browsing thru your WHOLE blog, drooling over all of your beautiful projects after reading robin's most recent post. you are so talented!

maybe i'll have to come spend a week with you and you can teach me how to use a sewing machine...i've always dreamed of being a seamstress and creating cute things.

Trina said...

Very cute quilts. They are all so different and creative.

jamie said...

those projects (every single last one of them) are so lovely! and perfect! and adorable! i want in on this 3 yr-old quilt thing. maybe when i turn 33? huh? huh?

seriously, i am thinking of starting a quilt/sewing retreat that will meet annually at your house. that would be fine with the rest of your family, right? :) i love seeing pictures of your lovely projects, as it inspires me to get to work on my own unfinished piles. i swear, everything you touch (especially fabric) turns out beautifully. thanks for letting me call you with random questions all the time!! i love you, robin's mom!