Saturday, March 28, 2009

Some Completed Projects



The quilt retreat was relaxing and fun. Annie does a great job organizing these retreats and having great teaching moments.

I did get some things accomplished.


I finished stitching around the butterflies in Macy's quilt,


I made some neck pillows,


and a little bird just for fun.


Here are some quilt blocks I'm working on.



And I finished my little quilt for our new grandson due any day now.
We're excited and can't wait!
I'm still working on the quilt with the cars and trucks.
Pictures will come later.
Then when I got home I put the pedal to the metal and finished Macy's quilt.


I put on the colorful border and quilted it with loopy loops and flowers.
I was worried that it would be too stiff from all the fusible web,
but after I washed it, it was nice and soft.

Here is the label that is on the back.

Robin called this morning to tell me it arrived in time for Macy's birthday and that Macy loves it.
As I'm writing this blog, Macy is having her
"Shake it Up With Macy" birthday party.
Happy birthday Macy. We love you!

I'm going to end this blog showing you this cute wicker rocking chair and table I got at an estate sale yesterday. It looks so cute outside my mom and dads back door in the back yard. I just mentioned I like the chair, and they said I could just have it....and would I like to have the table as well?


YES PLEASE!
I love it when that happens.

8 comments:

jamie said...

hooooooray!!! i love it. someday when i'm rich & my husband is famous, i'll invite myself to a quilt retreat with you. that sounds like so much fun. not to mention the beautiful surroundings. high fives to you on getting so much work done, too. i'm very impressed. macy's quilt turned out so sweet. maybe i'll hire you to finish (well, start) emberly's quilt. i have most of the material, i just need to settle on a pattern. who knew i was so indecisive. ha!

robin said...

hooray! i love the quilt . . . LOVE IT! so does macy... thanks mom for getting it done in time for her birthday.

Papa Dave said...

It is a beautiful quilt. I was a quilting widower for one week!!! What a wonderful, peaceful talent you have my sweeets!!!
Love Dave

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh, Janis. What absolutely amazing talent you have! That quilt for MAcy is beautiful and is just perfect for the little sweetie.

I'm happy that you get to have so much fun with your talent! (And that you share that talent with so many! What blessed grandkiddos!)

sharon said...

Hi Janis,
This is my third time trying to comment, third's the charm?? I so enjoyed meeting you in Hart's and seeing your "in process quilt". I love your blog, you are living my dream=GRANDKIDS!!! I'll let you know when I set one up :).
I've added you to my favorites list so look forward to getting to know you better!
All for Him,
Sharon

Jenny said...

It was so good to hear from you and see everyone and everything on your blog! Don't you just love retreats! It so fun that you are a quilter too. I can't believe we are Grandmothers! So fun to hear from you and keep in touch. WE have a quilt shop and blog. http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/ Check it out!

Barbers of Lucky Lane said...

Janis, I am absolutely loving the butterfly quilt and how you finished it. You work so steadily and quietly, and accomplish so much! What a wonder you are. I miss our time at camp already. Great times, great memories. I guess it will be a while before we return. I hope Annie will keep it going. I'll be checking back to see what wonderful projects you complete in the future. Take care and hugs, Bonnie

Jenny said...

It's always so fun to see a post from you. I too love your quilts. It's so fun to have grow up kids! Josh our baby just had his first baby last night. A boy!! He is our 18th grandchild and 8th boy. Surely I am not that old!