Friday, June 27, 2008

What is that bird?

"Quilt Retreat". Those are my favorite 2 words. Sunday I was invited to pack my bags and be ready the next day to join Carol and Irene at Alene's cabin for a couple of days of quilting bliss.


We enjoyed the weather and the quiet peacefullness. I wish I had a picture of the deer walking right by us as we sat on the porch. Oh, and if only I had a picture of the bird flying by. We thought at first it was an Eagle.... then maybe a Toucan.... what is that thing?...... Oh my goodness, it's a crow with a roll in it's mouth. I don't think I'll ever see that again in my lifetime.

Alene has an older friend that gave her this beautiful vintage fabric. We ended up all making bags for ourselves out of it.



I made some yo yo's for some future project that I need to come up with.



We have a quilt block exchange coming up in July. I got started on my apple blocks to trade. I'll show the finished ones later. There is another piece with the stem and the leaf. Someone's husband thought these were stop signs, but he oviously doesn't know an apple when he sees one.



We even went swimming in the pool by the lake.


It is always hard to leave and go back home when we're having such a good time. Thank you Alene for sharing your cabin with us.

1 comment:

robin said...

way to go mom. josh likes your blog too. he said, "whoa, you're mom's bloggin' it up."

sounds like fun. miss us much?