Friday, September 26, 2008

Annie's retreat

Annie Smith of http://www.simplearts.com/ arranged a wonderful retreat at Camp Ocean Pines in Cambria. I made new friends and reconnected with some past retreaters.

The cabins were ...... well .... basic and campy. Bunk beds and cement floors, but really kinda fun and adventurous. Besides we just slept and showered there and spent all the rest of the time sewing at our own lodge with great views and plenty of room.


We ate at the big lodge that overlooked the ocean. The food was really good. Best part was we didn't have to cook.....or clean up.


Annie taught her class on Exploring Fabric Choices. What a gifted teacher she is. I had chosen to work on my own projects, but I got to listen and I learned alot about color and values.

I worked on my bug quilt and got the body of the quilt sewed together. I picked out the border fabric at the Quilters Cupboard and I am going to sew that on today.


I button holed stitched my stems on my apple blocks. I am now ready to assemble that quilt.

I made these little stuffed toys from a free pattern from http://www.weewonderfuls.typepad.com/ .


It was great. I made new friends. I got to sew as much as I wanted. We visited 5 inspiring quilt shops. The weather was perfect.

Annie's next retreat is in March. Sign me up!

3 comments:

The Wendt Family said...

You are so crafty! Everything you make turns out so cute. That camp sounds like a lot of fun. I hope I can find cool things to do when my kids are all grown up!

robin said...

looks like fun mom! i'm loving the bug quilt! and the wee wonderful toys are adorable too.

jamie said...

ooooh!! can i come in march too? i love everything you do jan. good work on the quilts - love the bugs. i just did some shop hopping here this weekend and spent all my birthday money on fabric. i love it! thanks for getting me hooked :)